Directing, teaching, creative planning, marketing & public relations, writing, performing, composing, acting
1997 Humanist Association of Canada Ceremonies Course
1991-1993 Spec. Education, Special Studies Course, Level 2 University of Ottawa
1979 - 1983 B. A. in Religion and Culture & Graduate Studies Carleton University
1961 - 1966 Bachelor of Music in Education MacDonald College, McGill University
SUMMARY OF CAREER INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES
- Performed vocal solo and duet concerts (Lyric Soprano)
- Extensive & Intensive Choral Experience
- Folk Music Collector, arranger
- Owner/Manager of the Diane Stevenson Music Studio: produced several protégés, have several students of voice & piano entering Music Festival in Open Classes.,
- Vocal Coaching, Ensemble & Chamber Group Festival Entrants (over 30 +years)
- Tutoring, teaching, lecturing, and counseling in English and French, at various levels and in diverse fields
- Assessing program needs, conducting market research, developing strategies and initiating fund raising for several organizations
- Publicity and lobbying for several groups
- Producer of various musical events, many of which are ensembles
- Counseling musicians, immigrants.
- Composer, poet, editor
- Officiant: 1995 to the present ( Humanist Association of Canada) - for all rites of passage
- 2001-Jan.-Feb-Assistant Mus. Dir. for "Today We Began the World" (premiere) Arts Court Theatre. Also played Senior Dairy Maid, understudied lead.
- 1997-present: Keyboardist for U.-U.F.O.; also responsible for bringing in live music for services.
- Fall 2001-Appointed Small Vocal Ensemble Director U.-U.F.O.
- Dec. 1997 Director of the P.W.G.S.C .Choir
- April 1992-June 1992 Extended Occasional Spec. Ed. Teacher, Resource Unit, Pope John Paul II Regional School, Hammond, Ont.. Supervisor-V. P. Mr. Louis Santoro.
- Learning Disabled and Enriched Programs
- Helped lead in many school activities
- Developed Newspaper Project and Poetry Journal
- 10/90 - 3/91 Multilingual Terminology Data Bank Assistant Secretary of State, Hull, Quebec
- 1/90 - 6/90 Account Executive Dawn Office Products Inc., Nepean, Ontario
- Marketing, networking, selling
- Public relations (trade shows, business conferences)
- Workshop planning
- Customer relations
- 7/88 - 10/88 Marketing and Public Relations Cyrville Leasing, Ottawa, Ontario
- 11/84 - 10/86 - Substitute teacher for French speaking culturally disadvantaged for the Commission Scolaire Régionale de l'Outaouais
- Tutored, lectured ,counseled in English and French for the Carleton Board of Education (all levels and subjects).
- 1975-79 Elementary substitute teacher (all levels) Ottawa Board of Education
FREELANCE ACTIVITIES (1976 to Present)
- Market Research for the Corporate Research Group (surveys, travel, interviews)
- Planned, organized and established The Stevenson Agency, a public relations firm specializing in artist management, concert productions and advertising.
- Revitalized music studio business.
- In conjunction with .CB.C .Ottawa prepared required advertising, sent out press releases and produced concert featuring local mezzo-soprano.
- Produced several varieties of concerts in different venues.
- Writer for Small Business World Magazine on "Public Relations and The Arts in Business".
- Co-Produced "Your Tickets to the Arts".
- Artist Manager for the Tunnell Trio of Great Britain and Suzanne Chapin ( concert pianist).
VOLUNTEER WORK (1980 to Present)
- Humanist Association of Ottawa Board Member
- Humanist Assoc. of Canada Board Member
- Group leader for several functions in my congregation.
- Producer from 1992-the present of concerts and literary events (about 10 per year), to raise funds.
- Produced panel discussion with Marion Dewar, Anne Squire, Dr. Naomi Goldenberg, Bonnie Rondeau, & catalyzed conference planning event. (1993) * Former board member of TREE Poetry Group and Nepean Symphony Orchestra - fund raising, long-range planning and public relations.
- Former public relations officer for: Nepean Symphony Orchestra, Ottawa Music Festival, Ottawa Choral Society, various poetry workshops and Ottawa Registered Music Teachers' Association.
- Ombudsperson and vice-chair for Independent Musicians for the Ottawa Regional Music Council.
- Produced a concert for the Festival of the Arts.
- From 1981 to 1985, I was with the Ottawa Carleton Immigrant Services Organization as a counselor, teacher, orientor and half-way house counselor. In 1981 and 1986, I received several awards for outstanding abilities and contribution to OCISO.
- In 1981, during the Women's Conference on the Constitution, I was instrumental in motivating and persuading women to lobby continuously for changes in the Human Rights Charter.
Professional photography by photodocumentary.ca